if you know about BHIM app then definitely you have heard of Virtual Payment Address or VPA, so in today’s post we are going to talk about What is Virtual Payment Address or VPA in UPI (Unified Payment Interface) an Indian Government Initiative collaboration with NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India),
Before moving further let’s talk about what is UPI?
UPI is a short form of Unified Payment Interface, which is launched by Indian government with the NPCI as the NPCI handles almost all of the E-Transactions in India including IMPS, and the RuPay Debit cards are also introduced by NPCI.
So Come back again on the second topic of this post that is about UPI, so UPI is one kind of easiest Payment Method in India right now according to me and many more, because UPI does not requires to have net banking activated in your account, it works with Your Mobile Number registered with your bank and fetches your account details, and make it possible to transfer the balance to any other’s account using a Virtual Private Address or Account No. and IFSC Code.
I will do a separate blog post about UPI with all the possible details, stay in touch with our Social Platforms,
Now talk about what is Virtual Payment Address (VPA)
A Virtual Payment Address is one kind of Your Email id (Trying to let you understand in a very simple way)
When we send a mail to a Mail ID it goes exactly to that unique ID created by any one.
The VPA is also one kind of the same thing as Mail ID, you need to create a Virtual Payment address in addition to send and receive the payment via UPI interface.
You can use your mobile no, aadhar no. or even your name to create a unique VPA, now going to tell you how a VPA looks, suppose you decided to create your Virtual Payment Address by using your mobile number and your account is in State bank of India (SBI) then it could look like: [email protected], or if you thing that using the name is the good idea then it could look like: [email protected] (Note: VPA Address should be Unique, there is no Duplicate VPAs same like Email IDs).
When you create a VPA then it gets authenticated by your banks by asking you to verify your account, and after successful verification you will get a VPA of your bank.
See Also: BHIM App Bugs Fixed
I am going to list some point about Virtual Payment Address Here
- Virtual Payment Address is A Unique ID for Each and Every one
- You Can Create Multiple VPA for Same account with different UPI Apps like: BHIM, PhonePe, SBIPay or any other UPI Based App
- You can opt out from VPA at Any Time
- It’s always your choice to create a VPA but it should be Unique, (if someone already made the same VPA you will not be able to create that one, same as Email Accounts)
- Almost Every Leading Indian Bank is now Supporting UPI Platform
- After Creating a Virtual Payment address, you never need to give your account No of IFSC details to receive money, you can instead give your VPA to transfer amount to your bank
- The UPI usage IMPS interface, so your money will be deposited within seconds to your account
- VPA is Safe & Secure than other transfer methods.
I will cover more on this topic and also I will update the information if I find something new.
I hope you will be have got that what is Virtual Payment Address in UPI or BHIM app, if you think that someone also looking for this information, please make sure to Share this post.